Higher Education Training ProgramFinance Matters for the Department Administrator
Course Description: This one-day workshop will demystify higher education budgeting and financial practices for departmental administrators. Participants will be introduced to strategies to align resources to fulfill the organizational mission, key elements of financial reports and statements, tools to evaluate financial results and language that will enable constructive dialogue between department and central colleagues.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Relate budgets and finances to the university mission
- Articulate department and institutional goals in the budget
- Draw connections between departmental activity and financial statements
- Use financial reports and ratio analysis to evaluate and communicate results
- Work collaboratively with Central administrators to effectively manage institutional resources
About the Instructors: Howard Teibel and Tracy Filosa draw on complementary skills and in depth understanding of college and university administration to deliver an interactive and practical program.
Howard Teibel has twenty years of experience in organizational development and change management. He has led team-building programs, facilitated departmental restructurings, and created implementation and training plans for ERP initiatives. Tracy Filosa has twenty years of experience in higher education as a financial and investment analyst, management consultant, project manager, training developer, presenter and writer.
Download a PDF of this course description to share. For more information on schedule, and offering this course in your organization, contact Teibel Education today.